Monday, September 28, 2009

Be Thankful!

We all think we have it so rough because things are never as perfect as they could be but we need to be thankful for the things that we have! This weekend I was at my new job and there was a girl named Meghan training me and it was her last day because she was fixing to move and she was happily married with two sons. Meghan was only in her twenties and going through some financial struggles and she was like man taking a cold shower this morning was no fun with the weather being this cool. I said "a cold shower?" in shock and she explained how her and her husband had to pay like 2 thousand dollars to have the hot water piece replaced and then it was going to be a couple hundred dollars to turn it on and it already had been awhile that they had to wait to get the money to replace it and now she saw no point in turning it on now since they were fixing to move. She told me in order to give her boys a bath she just boiled a big pan of water and luckily it doesn't take much water to clean them because they are young. I just thought gosh all the things that I think in my life are so rough I need to remember to be thankful because someone always has it a little rougher than me. The reason this appealed to me is because last week our shower head broke and we had it replaced only like two days later, but I had to take a bath for two days and i don't really prefer a bath but i was blessed with hot water and it wasn't so bad after hearing her story. It just really made me think, and not only about that i have days where I get up and I feel like I cant find a thing to wear because Ive already wore this shirt and that shirt but yet I have a closet full of clothes and I have to remember to just be glad that I have clothes because not everyone in the world does! We need to be thankful for each and every blessing in life even the things that seem so small to us because someone else might think its a really big gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment