Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Career Choices!!!

With this being senior year I have had many big choices that will affect my future in the long run. One of the biggest is the choice of what I want to go to school to be. For the last two years I have had my mind set on Occupational Therapy. I plan to go to USI after finishing my basic classes here at OCC. Occupation Therapy was introduced to me two years ago whenever I was a catering associate at OMHS and then now at the Carmel Home I have also got to watch and learn a little more about the occupation then I had once known. Last year as a peer tutor I was able to watch an OT work with a student every other Wednesday for about thirty minutes and it was very interesting! I really hope that all my plans follow through I'm very excited and I really love the look on patients faces when they amazingly progress so much from week to week at the Carmel Home. One day I hope to be as good as the therapists that I have been watching at Progressive they do a wonderful job and treat their patients with a ton of love and care. This is a major decision that I have to make when I graduate this year from school I would hate to go to school and take prerequisites that once pertained to my major and then decide to switch because then I would have to start over. I have though about switching my major after Obama's new Health care reform that has been passed but I struggle to know what to do because I know that I only think about Obama's bill from listening to family and friends so I've chosen to stick with my plans for now and I cant wait because its what I believe I will really love doing one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment